As you may know, here at WFTO-Europe we have organised a Fair Trade Comics Contest to raise awareness about Fair Trade Principles using a popular mean in Belgium: comics. Unfortunately, the turnout was quite low, so we have decided not to hold an exhibition of the comics.
We would also like to thank all participants for taking the time to take part in this contest: you did a great job!
Today we share with you the winning comic chosen by the jury, alongside the other comics that we have received.
The jury was formed by 5 people:
– Sophie Tack, WFTO-Europe Board member and Directrice Partenariat Campagne for Oxfam Magasins du Monde;
– Gabriella D’Amico, WFTO-Europe Board member and representing Asso Botteche del Mondo;
– Sergi Corbalan, Executive Director of the Fair Trade Advocacy Office;
– Linda Torfs, founder of Mekanik Strip;
– Yacine Canamas, an independent Comics Artist.
But let’s get back to our comics contest:the winner is Jean Bourguignon with his comic “Ethique et tac“:
Now the other comics!
Comic no. 1 “Jacob, l’héro” by Hugo Deflandre:
Comic no. 2 “La vie d’un héros” by Marina Sheinova:
Comic no. 3 “Invisible Hand” by Naomi Leboy:
Thank you again to everyone for participating and should we decide to organise a new comics contest next year, we truly hope to hear from you again!