Welcome to Africulture! We are two brothers that grew up in Kenya. Located in the heart of Africa, Kenya is a beautiful and fascinating country in which many of its diverse traditions are still alive today. It is our pleasure to share our love and fascination for Africa by offering you fairly sourced handmade clothing and accessories inspired by the local culture. All our clothes are crafted in our family-owned clothing company in Kenya. The production at ONEWAY follows the 10 Fair-trade Principles and is certified by the World Fair Trade Organization. Our accessories like our Maasai leather items and our jewelry are directly sourced from small artisan groups, always keeping fair wages and fair work in mind.
The following aspects are of particular importance :
- Africulture clothes and accessories are inspired by African traditions.
- All our clothes are made at our World Fair Trade Organization certified family business ONEWAY in Kenya
- All our products are at least partly hand-made and of superb quality
- Through our sales we support Kenyan artists, merchants and craftsmen by ensuring fair working and trading conditions.
- We have partnered with the Kibagare Academy in Nairobi to which we donate part of our profits.
Our Africulture jewelry is hand-crafted by mothers of disabled children at Heshima, a school for special needs in Nairobi. The women are trained and employed while their children receive a special education.
With the purchase of an Africulture accessory, you do not only receive a piece of Africa but also support sustainable employment in Kenya.
You can have a look of our products on our website!