The Associazione Botteghe del Mondo is a network of 70 cooperatives and associations in Italy, running 150 point of sales, since 1991.
It is a point of reference for all the Italian world shops, helping them to be also cultural and political organizations. The Italian World Shop Association:
- organizes and promotes Tuttaunaltracosa, the Italian Fair Trade Fair and Tuttounaltrocampo, an international youth education camp, since 1994;
- provides logistic services and conventions for our members (Banca Etica, Mag, Livecom) fund raising and project management services (in collaboration with members and local partners);
- performs lobbying actions in Italian national and regional political councils, together with Agices and Fairtrade Italia and support new (and small) fair trade realities;
- organizes seminars and meetings in collaboration with schools, universities and local authorities;
- promotes at national level, events/fairs on sustainable development and advocacy activities;
- promotes awareness and boycott campaigns in national content (free water, clean clothes campaign, arms control, stop TTIP campaign);
- manages a fair trade community with thousands of friends sharing interests, thoughts and initiatives;
- promotes international campaigns for the World Fair Trade Day through Facebook and Twitter and its newsletter.