WFTO-Europe governance system includes the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of its members, the Board of Directors, and the Office’s Coordinator and staff.
- The AGM has the highest political mandate and sets the strategic priorities of WFTO-Europe.
- The AGM also elects the Board of Directors (composed of 7 or 9 directors). Members of the Board can hold office for a three-year mandate, renewable only once if in consecutive terms.
- The Board of Directors of WFTO-Europe is in charge of the common objectives and responsibilities. It mainly facilitates the dialogue among WFTO members and takes relevant decisions to implement the AGM mandates, striving for consensus among its membership basis. A specific task of the Board of Directors is to reach out to countries without representatives, and members that have yet to join WFTO-Europe.
- The President of the Board is the external voice of WFTO-Europe.
- WFTO-Europe’s Office Coordinator and staff are responsible for the efficient daily management of the organization, the implementation of all AGM & Board decisions, and all other tasks necessary to accomplish WFTO-Europe’s goals (which are not already assigned to another body).
All members of WFTO-Europe must be members of WFTO (Global) whose headquarters are located in Europe. Resignation or termination of membership at WFTO global level is automatically considered as resignation from WFTO-Europe, and vice-versa.